a little less mess, a little more joie-de-vivre
At simply tidy, we truly believe in the life-changing transformation that having a space in order can bring to one’s life, and understand first-hand the value of partnership during this process.
We focus on achieving visible, transformative results, while keeping the process enjoyable throughout! We endeavour to work privately together to help you:
- Identify and visualise your ideal lifestyle, enabling clear project focus and direction
- Learn to look at your belongings in a new light; identify & celebrate what brings you joy
- Execute a simple, efficient, and proven approach to tidying; make major progress on decluttering and gratefully freeing yourself from items that no longer serve you
- Assign your cherished items a dedicated “home” so you always find what you need, when you need it
- Achieve practical, easy to use storage spaces that work
- And yes, feel a spark of joy whenever you open that closet door!
- Achieve optimal room layouts, maximising the space, flow, and light of your rooms
- Create beautiful, easy to use storage solutions
- Optionally work together exclusively with our partner Brunni Woodwork for custom, handmade, locally sourced, natural solutions catered for ultimate wellbeing
While most organising methods encourage room-by-room or a bit-by-bit approaches, we have found the most efficient and productive method for getting organised is the KonMari Method®, founded by the Japanese Organsational Expert, Marie Kondo. It encourages tidying by category – not by location – all in one-shot, and in the right order. Once setting your intention, we work together to identify your ideal lifestyle and begin your guided “tidying festival”, tidying by the 5 main categories: clothes, books, papers, komono (miscellaneous, including kitchen items) and sentimental.
It is essential that each item is personally handled, asking yourself if it truly “sparks joy”, and through the thorough honing and awakening of ones conscious decision making skills, you are able to part with items that no longer spark joy, acknowledge their service – and let them go. Focus is on identifying precisely what you love and need, on giving each of your joy-sparking items a “home” within your home, and on creating beautifully curated, practical storage spaces at the end of the process.
Once you have experienced what it’s like to have a truly ordered house, you’ll feel your whole world brighten.Marie Kondo, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up